Medicaid is a program through which the Federal Government provides assistance to states and territories, essendon health and sports centre to pay for the medical expenses of certain low-income groups.
This Program began in Puerto Rico on January 1, 1966, under the Social Security Law, adding Title XIX sections 1901 through 1910.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR?
Everyone can voluntarily apply for and be evaluated in our Local Offices. See directory www.medicaid.pr.gov .
Note: Foreigners with permanent residence permits in the United States have a waiting period to apply for benefits if the permit was granted after August 22, 1996.
WHERE IS IT REQUESTED?
To apply call our Call Center at (787) 641-4224 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
DOCUMENTS YOU MUST PROVIDE WHEN YOU GO TO YOUR APPOINTMENT IN THE MEDICAID PROGRAM
- Photo Identification Card (eg driver’s license, voting card)
- Original and copy of the Social Security Card (of all the members of the family unit)
- If you receive income from Social Security
- Copy of the check (of all the members of the family unit who receive Social Security)
- If it is through direct deposit to your bank, copy of the statement
- You may also provide a copy of the letter sent to you by the Social Security Administration at the beginning of the year
- If you receive pension income (retirement, veterans, military or disability)
- Copy of check or check
- If it is through direct deposit to your bank, copy the statement of account.
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Evidence of Studies of children living in the home
- Receipt of Water, Light or Telephone
- If pregnant, copy of pregnancy test
- If there is a Divorce or Separation must present evidence of it
- If foreigner must present evidence of US citizenship or legal residence
INFORMATION YOU MUST PROVIDE WHEN YOU GO TO THE MEDICAID PROGRAM
If you receive income through:
- Work (either by employer, own account or occasional)
- Social Security
- Help from a relative
If you have drug costs
If you have:
- Some Medical Plan
- Second property
- Savings account
NOTE :You may be required be any document or additional to those mentioned here according to their socio-economic status information.
DETERMINATION OF ELIGIBILITY
To be able to attend to your request for benefits and be evaluated in accordance with current rules and procedures:
Go to your appointment on the day and at the time.
Arrive at your appointment 15 minutes in advance.
Be sure to bring all the documents requested to you.
Your duties and responsibilities
Once you are evaluated as eligible:
- You have the responsibility to submit all the documents requested and provide all the information necessary to make the eligibility determination.
- You have the responsibility to go to the Medicaid Office whenever you are summoned in order to clarify any situation that may arise in your case.
- It is your duty to keep your certification to the Government Health Plan (My Health). Go to your re-certification appointment.